Doodlewash is the name of a blog by Charlie Shields that celebrates watercolour art. Shields was responsible for July being named World Watercolour Month after he realized many other kinds of artwork had special months when they were celebrated but watercolour artwork didn't.
Here are some watercolours I have in my photo collection.
A watercolour of a flower painted by my aunt Mary who gave it to my husband and me for a wedding gift.
Pitaloosie and Aqsatunnguaq a watercolour by Inuit artist Pitaloosie Salia of herself and her sister. I photographed it at the opening of a show of Pitaloosie Salia's work at the Winnipeg Art Gallery in October 2017.
This was my first attempt at a watercolour after a friend gifted me with paints and watercolour paper.
Making Apfel Platz is a watercolour by Sofia Maendel from the Fairholme Hutterite Community. I photographed it during an exhibit of artwork by Manitoba Hutterite artists at the Mennonite Heritage Village Gallery on the campus of Canadian Mennonite University in 2019.
I photographed Totem Walk at Sitka a watercolour created by well-known Canadian artist Emily Carr in 1907 on a visit to the Victoria Art Gallery in 2021.
My husband and I attended the wedding of a former student of ours in Toronto in 2019 and this watercolour adorned the cards placed at each guest's table setting, thanking us for attending.
The Prairie Rose was painted by Linda Fairfield Stechesen a Manitoba artist who had a three-decade project to paint every wildflower in Manitoba. I photographed her watercolour of a prairie rose at an exhibit of her work at the Winnipeg Art Gallery in the spring of 2018.
In the summer of 2018, when I was working at the Winnipeg Art Gallery Kids' booth at the Fringe Festival, my colleague Marion painted this watercolour portrait of me.
2017 Christmas card we received from our friends Don and Marlene featuring a watercolour of Don's.
I photographed this watercolour of an orchid at the San Antonio Botanical Garden orchid exhibit in February of 2024.
Other posts.............
Orchids Galore!
Hutterite Artists
Good-bye Pitaloosie
No comments:
Post a Comment